EXPN on postfix

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Fri Oct 4 15:37:17 EST 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:46:30PM +1000, Michael James wrote:
> Does anyone know how to query postfix
>  about the forwarding status of a mail address?
>
> Postfix doesn't implement the EXPN command,
>  so I can't do it by talking to port 25.
>
> It's all very well to read .forward files and alias files
>  but there are permissions, paths, db files that can all go wrong,
>  how do I "ask the horse" what it thinks.

Most mail servers have a testing command. sendmail -bt switchs you to
testing mode. exim -bt <address> will show you what will happen
(forwarding/routing/etc) when a mail gets sent there. Maybe postfix has a
similar option?

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/