making a dial up connection

Joshua McKinney clug at bitfed.com
Thu Oct 3 08:31:58 EST 2002

Offtopic, and in regards to TPG, both myself and my mother have
had many issues with the dialup service that TPG porvides.
Quite often it will drop out for no reason, or even worse, not
drop out, but be totally unusable for small periods of time.
When this happens no pings go through, no websites load etc.  I
have noticed these problems on various versions of windows and
various distros of linux, as well as two different modems and
two different computers, so this would strongly implicate the
bad service, rather than just bad parts / setup on my end.

If you were looking for a good ISP in canberra, I've only heard
good things about WeBone, but have never used them myself,
except for with transact, for which I highly recommend them.

Josh