Convincing sendmail not to bind to all ports

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 13:24:58 EST 2002

Oops. you forgot to include CLUG. I've forwarded to the list. We may need
them on this one ;-)

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 12:54, Michael James wrote:
> >DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Name=MTA')
> >
> >One of these lines for each ip you want send mail to bind to in your m4
> > file.
>
> Um, what does that become in sendmail.cf,
>  I don't have the original sendmail.mc,
>  or the cf/cf machinery to m4 it.
>
> This looks like the relevant bit of the existing file:
>
> # SMTP daemon options
> O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E
>
> # SMTP client options
> #O ClientPortOptions=Address=0.0.0.0

That last one looks like the right option. Pop in the address you want to
listen on. I'm not really sure though, as I always (except very rarely) use
an m4 file to generate my cf file. One day I might take up the challenge of
learning the cf syntax (because I'm a masochist!).

Cheers,
Paul.