Red Hat linux 7.3 user name and password

ALi.J aj2468au at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 01:27:41 EST 2002

Hi fellow
Does anyone know how to find the user name and the
password when the welcome to linux local host screen
opens and we have to type in user name and password.
I have no idea what is my user name and my password.
leavind them as blank doesn't help either.Does anyone
know how can I change the user name and the password.
This screen comes after I boot linux system.
I really don't want to reinstall this because it is
gonna take another hour.
I'll appreciate any help.
Long live linux.

=====