.avi player

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Sat Nov 30 19:07:01 EST 2002

Paul Bryan <pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> mplayer.
>
> Does a great job of playing all kinds of formats. It's also got some quite
> clear instructions for playing M$ codecs, and a place to download 'em too. It
> couldn't get any easier!
>
> I can't remember off the top of my head wether or not it has editing
> capability but seem to recall reading that an editor was included.

I'm not sure it does, but it does come with an encoder that supports all its
input and output formats (watching anime using aalib is fun).

A recent development has been to allow the anti-aliased OSD stuff mplayer uses
to render a terminal on top of your movie, so you can hack and relax at the
same time. What more could you ask for?

--
Damien Elmes