Xinerama Question

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Nov 29 23:31:55 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 4:59 pm, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:21, Brett Worth wrote:
> > I've never used Xinerama and have searched the HOWTO for an answer before
> > posting this.
> >
> > It might not even be a Xinerama problem.
> >
> > What I want to do is run a Xinerama style multiple head environment where
> > the X servers are on two different hosts.
>
> Xinerama is single machine only.
>
> Probably what you want is X2X
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/x2x/?topic_id=861)

IIRC, X2X will only give you the ability transfer control the mouse and
keyboard from one host to the other.  It does not give you the ability to
'drag' windows from one display to the other.

I know I have heard of a 'bouncing ball' that went around a whole room of
XTerminals, but whether there is anything that gives a true 'Xinerama' like
system OOTB I don't know.

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox