Kpackage/gnorpm in RedHat 8.0

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Fri Nov 29 21:13:01 EST 2002

> FWIW, my RH8.0 has:
>     RedHat -> System Settings -> Packages

That's the new one. It's pretty and nice for installation. But where are my
details? Where's the list of packages? Where's the list of dependencies? And
so on. Not to mention that it doesn't seem to know about packages which
don't fit it's idea of what's proper. Not to mention that if I want
postgres, I'll ask for it; I don't see why I have to install it to get
mysql.

I wouldn't mind if RedHat had chosen to include a decent package manager
GUI. But they seem to have eliminated them.