Lexmark Z25 printer - comments requested

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Nov 28 08:18:06 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Felix Karpfen wrote:

> Our local Tandy store is currently selling Lexmark Z25 printers at
> bargain prices.  Their story is that a new model will shortly be
> released.

Argh! Don't do it! I bought a Lexmark Z12 at Dick Smith a while ago on
spec. It seemed too cheap to be true at the time, and it's true...

The printer cost $75. Last time I looked, the only available cartridges
cost over $100 -- Lexmark had some sort of evil registered design thing
happening which stopped third part cartridges.

Now that the printer has run out of ink, I'm just going to buy a new one.
Well done Lexmark.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UTC +11 hours