bandwidth available - requests for interest

Andrew Donehue andrew at donehue.net
Wed Nov 27 14:50:39 EST 2002

Hi All!
           I was hoping for a bit of feedback from the local community.
 I am in the lucky position of being the sys-admin for a network setting
on a 100Mbit link.  At the moment only a small fraction is being used by
our network (our tasks are CPU intensive - a 2.53Ghz box will only do
1-2Mbits of data [ games ] ).  I am  looking for ways to 'put out' some
more data - Naturally a mirror of some kind comes into mind.... Ideally
one that gets used as much as possible (100Mbits/sec of outgoing data
would be great).  - Any suggestions??? We would be looking for some
hardware input as well (since we can provide the data) - but are
interested in all ideas.....

Many thanks,
                       Andrew Donehue
                       andrew at ozforces.com