xdm again

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Tue Nov 26 15:24:38 EST 2002

I have got kdm running under RH7.1 so that I can start an X session from a
remote X terminal.  This necessitated changes to /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config
and /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess and /etc/kderc

I am now trying to do the same thing with a server running RH7.3 and have
made the same changes, but this time I get the following error messages:

Nov 26 12:09:21 workbench kdm[2903]: cannot create control fifo /var/run/xdmctl/xdmctl
Nov 26 12:09:21 workbench kdm[2903]: Cannot create server authorization file
Nov 26 12:09:21 workbench kdm[2903]: cannot create control fifo /var/run/xdmctl/xdmctl-:0

I thought it might be a perms problem with /var/run/xdmctl and I have made
that a+w but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Any ideas?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people