3d/DRI - Matrox G450 - Redhat 7.3

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Thu Nov 21 21:10:37 EST 2002

"james canberra" <james_canberra at hotmail.com> writes:

> /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: init_module: No such
> device
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: insmod
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o failed

It looks like AGP can't be loaded. I don't think AGP is required on all cards
(I think my nVidia chip can run without AGP), but this is a good place to
start debugging. Try loading the module manually (modprobe agpgart) as root.
If that fails, did you compile the kernel yourself? Probably not, by the looks
of the -3 in the version number. Might be worth checking if your vendor kernel
had support for all the AGP chipsets included. Or perhaps your motherboard's
AGP chipset isn't supported. Also check that the version number for the DRM
stuff matches your X version (4.0 and 4.1 aren't compatible), though if this
is a standard Redhat install, you'd presume they'd match.

Happy hunting,
--
Damien Elmes