Monitoring my cpu temperatures

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Tue Nov 12 09:00:50 EST 2002

 Given that we are likely to face a hot summer,  I thought about
 installing an applet that shows CPU temperatures etc.  It sent me off
 to a program called lm_sensors; I appear to have the relevant
 documentation installed but no evidence of the program (my box is
 running RH 7.1). Nor do I know whether I have the needed hardware.

Head bloody but unbowed, I tracked down info on lm_sensors and ended up
with yards of choices on:

        http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/

So which package(s) do I select - given that my kernel (almost as geriatric
as I and my hardware) is 2.4.2?

Since the maintainers of the archive have declined to respond to this
query, perhaps one of the many CLUG whizzes will take pity on me.

And please note - you are trying to explain things to a geriatric amateur.

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen
felixk at webone.com.au