DocBook translation [was Surviving in a DOC infested world]

bradh at cuneata.net bradh at cuneata.net
Wed Nov 6 11:57:19 EST 2002

Quoting Matthew Hawkins <matt at mh.dropbear.id.au>:
> In my own document creation at the moment, I'm mainly using two
> formats
> - plain text and PDF.  PDF usually ends up smaller and looks far
> better
> both on screen and in print, so it's my preference.  I'm floating
> between using DocBook (or similar tools) and writing TeX, both of
> which
> have the ability to convert to all the important output formats :)

Enough about crappy formats, lets cut code (even if its for documentation
rather than an executable :)

Are you doing SGML Docbook or XML Docbook? What tools?

And what are you using to generate man page formats? I recently did a
conversion of the OpenSLP documentation, and it looks OK in every format except
for the one man page that I need a table for - its fine in HTML and PDF, but
the man page rendering isn;t there. It looks kinda like the "strings | less"
idea.

Brad