Surviving in a DOC infested world

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Tue Nov 5 23:07:15 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:52 pm, Michael James wrote:
> How do you experienced Linux desktoppers deal with Word documents?

If sufficiently desperate, I've been known to revert to using VMWare, but
probably not worth the money unless you are planning to use it for other
things.  ;-)

Have you considered the cross-over office thing from codeweavers?  Might be
quite good value if you already have a licence for Office, but just don't
want to have to boot into Windows.  (Disclaimer: I have never tried the
software, but would like to hear from someone who has.  I would like to write
a 'migraiton to Linux strategy' paper for work sometime, and I think
Cross-Over Office would be worth talking about.)

Otherwise, I'd just keep trying different options... but you've already done
that. :-|  Others may have better suggestions.

Rasjid.