Automating the Default Route (?)

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sat Nov 2 19:46:59 EST 2002

> It's worth looking into the way you set up the ethernet link between
> the
> boxes, and going through that configuration process. Are you wanting
> to share
> the internet across both boxes? The machine that isn't used to connect
> to the

Strangely I think the kernel does this.  I'm not going to try it right
now - I'm downloading a few things.  But from memory, the first
interface you bring up gets set as the default route.

I can see the logic - for every machine except a gateway machine, the
default route should be set to your only network interface.  Only
machines on multiple   networks have an issue.