Recommended IP Tables firewall script?

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Wed May 29 22:01:30 EST 2002

At 9:40 PM +1000 2002/05/29, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
>Can anyone recommend an IP Tables based firewall script for a three interface
>system (External, Internal and DMZ)?
>
>I'm (currently) running Gibraltar, and am currently using the scripts from
>http://www.sentry.net/~obsid/IPTables/rc.scripts.dir/current/, but I'm in no
>position to judge how good these scripts are.
>
>I'd just like some suggestions from someone who knows more about firewalls
>that I do - even if it is just a 'they look okay', or 'I use <some other
>script> and I think it is pretty good'.

Have a look at these:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxfrw/

TuxFrw is a set of scripts created to ease the way Linux IPTables rules are configured.
Using TuxFrw an user can configure his own Linux / Netfilter based network firewall,
simply passing some IP address numbers and other services utilization policies.

Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  P: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)