Unreal Tournament slow fps

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Wed May 29 20:17:06 EST 2002

I can't believe I'm posting this question but I know there are avid 3D gamers out
there and this problem has got me.  Now normally I don't play games (who has
time??) but friends gave me a copy of UT and invited me over for a net session.
However my 3D accel is terrible.  I have a 16MB ATI Rage-Mobility P AGP in a DELL
laptop.  When I run UT in the preferences it says Video Driver SDL OpenGL Support
800x600.  Everything appears to be running correctly but I am only getting
8-10fps.  When I reconfigure and run using software rendering I get 23-25 fps
(850Meg PIII).

So, my question is what have I done wrong or is this the performance I can
expect?  I have Debian Sid and my XFree86 is 4.1.0-15.

cheers

Grant Morphett