windows emulation?

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Wed May 29 13:23:57 EST 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:58:33PM +1000, Blake Swadling wrote:
> i was wondering what the best windows emulator was for Linux? From my
> experience, wine is flakey at best and vmware wont run on PPC hardware.
> Is there anything reliable that will run on PPC hardware?

if you simply need the applications, such as MS Office and Internet Exploirer,
I would suggest using MOL, Mac On Linux, which allows you to run a full MacOS9
Environment in a window on linux, works like vmware, but reportedly is much
faster. Also open source. do a web search for MOL

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view