Linux Conference in Canberra?

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue May 28 10:40:27 EST 2002

Steven Hanley wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:18:12AM +1000, Pearl Louis wrote:
> > Just a quick question.  When is the conference being held (obviously
> > 2004, but which month?).  Let us hope it is not September...
>
> well there was a suggestion of july sometime (middle of winter) to repay the
> brisbanites for making us suffer in their summer this year. However it is
> something that will have to be worked out as we have to find a time when
> people are able to come (notably the speakers are often booked to go to
> various things already) so it will be decided once we get this thing moving.
>
>         See You
>             Steve

I would definitely go for autumn (March-April) or spring (Oct. - Nov.).
These are the best times of the year in Canberra. Holding it over the
Uni. breaks is also possibly a good option, although the breaks are often
different for different Unis.

I would suggest that the April Uni. break is as good a time as any to
arrange it for in 2004. I don't know the dates of this break for ANU
yet, though.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.