Linux Conference in Canberra?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Fri May 24 19:40:14 EST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 03:04:28PM +1000, Bolin, Robert wrote:
> Whatever happened to suggestions that CLUG host the linux conference in
> 2004? There was a little discussion about it a while ago, but nothing since,
> and of course I've lost the email address of the guy suggesting it...
>
> Is it progressing? has it been called off as a bad joke? what's going on?

I do beleive that several people suggested it. Look through the archives
around the period when the last conf was.

IIRC, some of the main people who are around now are likely not to be around
in two years time.

Basically, it would take some people to stand up and say they are willing to
do it. Once you get a certain number of people committed you get a snowball
effect.

I think it'd be a popular idea though.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/