Minimal linux distro for underpowered machine

Ben.Westgarth at facs.gov.au Ben.Westgarth at facs.gov.au
Tue May 21 11:28:30 EST 2002

Hi all,
I truly don't want to start a war here, but here goes...
I am looking for a small linux distro which will run on an old dusty 486 dx4/100
with 24MB ram and a 540MB hard drive (please don't laugh). I also need it to run
X. Does anyone have any recommendations on distros which could pull this off? I
had a quick look at Peanut Linux and it claims to be able to do so, but before I
tie up the phone line for a couple of days I thought I'd quickly canvas the list
for any other suggestions.
Cheers,
Ben Westgarth