Gmane

Jan-Yun Lou loujanyun at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 10:24:39 EST 2002

Hi

I'll assume that you are the administrator of this ML?
 This is just my opinion, but it might have been
better to ask people their opinions about being added
to gmane before doing so as it does seem a potential
spam-trap (I say potential because the gmane people do
seeming to be trying to cut spam).  Whilst gmane seems
to have gotten how to stop spammers from spamming the
actual MLs,  there doesn't seem to be anything
stopping them from harvesting email addresses via
bots.  I was wondering if you could provide more
information on this?

Another thing, do all messages posted on the ML
automatically get feeded into the newsgroup version,
or is it posssible to post to the ML, but not to the
newsgroup?

BTW, I'm not very familiar with news, so maybe someone
can tell me the advantages of reading the list via
news as opposed to via email (where I filter
everything into one folder and thread the messages)?

Pearl

see http://www.gmane.org