Searching for CPU

mpainf at tpg.com.au mpainf at tpg.com.au
Thu May 9 09:09:24 EST 2002

> Does anyone know of a place that sells older CPUs?  I am looking
for a
> K6-2/400 AFQ or similar chip to go into a laptop.  If anyone has
any
> similar desktop CPUs I'd be interested in giving one a try instead

Jeremy,

One place is Lanyon Computers at
<http://www.lanyoncomputers.com.au>.  They currently have an AMD K6-
2/450 for $98.00 listed on their web site. Another possibility might
be Renew Computers <http://www.renew.com.au> although their web site
does not list a lot of older stuff and it appears they deal in more
than just computers.  Another possibility, is to go to the markets -
there are a lot of second hand stalls there now.

Usual disclaimer: never dealt with either of this companies, so use
at your own risk.  Just know they exist here in Canberra and they
sell older equipment.

Mark P.
--
.sig - TBA