APM in 2.4.18

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu May 2 06:17:13 EST 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, 1 May 2002 12:36:11 +1000 Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is stock 2.4.18 from kernel.org. To confirm it's the right one (I'm
> > very sure, but what they hey), I'll recompile from scratch and reinstall
> > it and give it another try.
>
> The reason I asked is because the start of the apm driver init routine
> looks like this:

[snip]

> So if the driver is present, you must get one of these two messages ...

Ok, I have now found the time to recompile, install and reboot. The
behaviour has not changed...

> > Any other hints?

I imagine the contents of System.map change when modules are compiled out?
Because I have heaps of lines in System.map about apm (including a line
for apm_init).

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UMT+10hrs