old postgres

Drake Diedrich dld at coyote.com.au
Wed May 1 18:24:40 EST 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:39:11PM +1000, adrian wrote:
> I have upgraded my linux and applications and in the process postgres
> was upgraded from 6.5.* to 7.1 This is a problem  I now need an OLD
> version of pg_dumpall. Can someone help?

   Take a look in the ~postgres user's home directory.  (/var/lib/postgres
on Debian).  Debian keeps the last set of binaries around, and has some
scripts to dump and restore databases on update, but it hasn't always
worked transparently (as we found out last month..).
   If it partially worked, there may also be a db.out containing the SQL
text necessary to recreate the database.
   Your mileage will vary considerably on other distributions.
You can probably unpack old rpms/debs and run the binaries in those if they
aren't preserved or their output preserved already.