Installation advice

Alan Buchanan bigal at smartchat.net.au
Thu Mar 28 14:17:32 EST 2002

I installed Redhat Linux 6.1 (kernel 2.2.12) on my notebook computer about 3 months ago from a distribution I received in a "Teach Yourself Linux" book. The computer I installed the system on is a Acer Extensa 367T with 80mb RAM and a 2 Gig hard drive. This has proved adequate in my initial goal of getting started with Linux.

I would like to upgrade to the latest Kernel and possibly upgrade to Redhat 7.2. I want to try KDE 2.2.2 and possibly find a good 'visual style' development platform.

Where can I find the latest Kernel and what other dependent files will I also need to upgrade (X, gcc etc).
Is it recommended to Upgrade to Redhat 7.2 and where can I get hold of the latest version ? I assume it would be too large to download off the net.

Regards,

Alan Buchanan

Phone  :  61-8-93074891
Mobile  :  61-417907516
Email    :  bigal at smartchat.net.au

No-one knows what they can't do until they try!