TransACT shared servers

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Mar 25 12:11:20 EST 2002

We were talking about this and worked out that at $1000 pm
for a 6' rack, that's around $25per unit per month. Assuming
that you could share a 1U server with friends, not too bad...
All we need is for someone to rent a rack and sub-let it to
small businesses and community groups.

I think internal traffic charging would depnd on the ISP, but
free peer-peer is about the only thing that would make TransAct
an attractive option to me.

Antti