Next CLUG meeting

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Mar 22 07:25:47 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Simon Fowler wrote:

> A bit of experimentation would be in order, though - mic quality,
> sample rate (on my SB Live! going below 44.1kHz gave hideous
> quality), sound card quality, etcetera, will all play a part. The
> big question is whether you can actually understand what's being
> said, which can be harder than it seems when you're recording a low
> quality sample and then using lossy encoding . . .

Well, I have whatever sound card my laptop came with there anyway. Does
anyone know details of the feed out of the microphone on the lecturn? Does
anyone have a mic which can deal with people wandering around and
questions from the floor (not my field).

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UMT+11hrs