samba

Jeremy jepri at webone.com.au
Wed Mar 20 23:07:30 EST 2002

On 2002.03.20 21:37 Leigh Finch wrote:
> G'day all,
> OK so I think thats solved the squid part of my question, but does
> anyone
> have any ideas on the samba side of things????
>

> > The second question is one on samba, i figure there should be
> someone able
> > to help me on this one.
> >
> > I'm using the latest stable release 2.2.3a, I have windows 2000
> client on
> > my network, and it is configured with user level security in a
> workgroup,

As I understand it, if you run either domain logons or LDAP you can
allow clients to change their password everywhere.

Your user level security just means that people have to supply the
right password to that server when they log on (much like telnet or
ftp).  Domain means they have to supply a valid logon to the PDC, and
all members of that domain respect that logon.