Help with configuring my keyboard.

Nemo - earth native nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Wed Mar 20 20:43:45 EST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 01:27:56PM +1100, Damien Elmes did utter:

> > I wouldn't use "microsoft" unless you actually have a real Microsoft
> > keyboard (like those annoying split ones).  What I believe most people
> > have (this includes you, from your description there) is what XFree86
> > calls "pc104".  Some other keyboards are supported also, for example
> > many logitech keyboards.
>
> What's the difference? I'm using the microsoft keyset here.

Both my kb at home and work are non-MS 104keys keyboards... (probably
the same brand/model actually, I aint sure ;)

...The left windowskey is a modifier. (Meta_L according to xev)
...The right windowskey is not (MultiKey)

I don't know is this is how it was intended or not, or is a result of
not being a "Microsoft brand" 104kb ...but it certainly gave me no end
of grief while tryign to get my wmanager setup ideally...

.../Nemo