ppp max speed

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Mar 19 23:00:44 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:29:13PM +1100, Grant Morphett wrote:
> What is the max speed a ppp connection go?  i.e. if you run one over ethernet?  I
> can't get more then 1Mbit.

Considering that DSL is available over 1.5Mb, I'd say that's not the
problem. Is your CPU up to the job? What problems are you actually seeing?

(If you're doing PPP over SSH, it's the compression/encryption that's
killing you. Don't do that, use CIPE).

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/