XKB configuration with convienient compose sequences

Doug Palmer doug at charvolant.org
Mon Mar 18 14:17:14 EST 2002

Greetings,

I've just installed RH7.2 and decided to try using the full-on keyboard
map with compose sequences for accented characters. Since the sequence for
something like é is ' e I have to press ' ' to get a single quote. For
someone who uses the shell alot, this is pretty onerous.

Ideally, what I'd like is a keyboard map which would allow something like
Alt-' e to get é, so that I can use the single quote as itself.

I've had a look in the xkb configuration files, but they're like Klein
bottles with vaulted ceilings constructed from smaller Klein bottles. So I
was wondering if anyone knew of a suitable pre-existing configuration.

Doug Palmer     http://www.charvolant.org/~doug   doug at charvolant.org