Family mail server

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Tue Mar 12 16:55:06 EST 2002

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002, Mick Howe wrote:
> What tools do I need for this?

Postfix, fetchmail, and some IMAP server like Courier-imap or Cyrus.
Avoid imapd from the University of Washington like you would unsanitory
crack addicts.

> Are there any configuration gotchas or other conciderations?

Yep, just make sure that if you're going to relay outgoing mail through
the box, that you map the canonical sender addresses properly so bounces
don't bounce.  It's a trivial thing to do in postfix.

> I've tried reading the sendmail how-tos but couldn't find any clarity in them.

Welcome to sendmail ;-)  You've learnt one reason many people run other
MTA's instead.

--
Matt