Logging onto ftp.oracle.com failing

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Fri Mar 8 15:05:34 EST 2002

wget worked for me when downloading stuff from oracle sites.

wget -c --http-user=<username> --http-passwd=<password>
http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux/<filename>

cheers

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:52:40 +0900 Antony Stace scribbled:

>Hi
>
>I need to get a patch for oracle,
>
>ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/linux/glibcpatch.tgz
>
>It prompts for a username and password, I signed up and got one.  However
>whenever I try and
>
>1.  ncftp -u <myusername> ftp.orcale.com
>2.  Enter this link into a Internet Explorer 6(All other browsers do nothing
>except to report password failure) and enter my username and password when a
>dialog appear
>
>they both fail.  How can I log in and get this patch?
>
>Cheers
>
>Tony

Grant Morphett
GMORPH CONSULTANTS Pty Ltd - Solutions Outside the Square
tel : +61 (0) 421 325348
fax : +1 309 4164790