Family mail server

Nemo - earth native nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Sun Mar 3 14:57:24 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 02:37:11PM +1100, Alex Satrapa did utter:
> Fetchmail on the Postfix server collects mail for all the family every now
> and then. How long you wait between fetches depends upon your own personal
> taste - I run fetchmail through a cron job every hour.

Mine varies between 1 and 20 minutes, according to email load.
(basically, if I get email, it waits less time till the next check. If I
get none, it waits longer) ..I'd probably have to lump at about 15
minutes though if I was gonna give an average-good-time. Of course,
that's for my personal email load... ;)

Postfix is definately a good choice IMHO. So long as you know what
you're trying to do, it's not too hard to get postfix to do it :)

.../Nemo