Family mail server

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Mar 3 14:37:11 EST 2002

At 10:43  3/03/02 +1000, Mick Howe wrote:
>What tools do I need for this?

I use postfix, Cyrus IMAPd and fetchmail.

>Are there any configuration gotchas or other conciderations?

Postfix will need to be configured to allow relaying of mail for the
internal network.

Fetchmail on the Postfix server collects mail for all the family every now
and then. How long you wait between fetches depends upon your own personal
taste - I run fetchmail through a cron job every hour.

>I've tried reading the sendmail how-tos but couldn't find any clarity in them.

I avoid sendmail as much as possible.  There's not much clarity in it at
all.  That's my opinion as someone who never had much patience for sendmail.