rxvt + screen

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Thu Jun 27 18:38:46 EST 2002

> I'm pretty sure that's not strange at all. RXVT has a different scrollback
> buffer to screen. Screen does not scroll RXVT's scrollback buffer when
> updating the screen - if you want to scroll up, you have to do it in screen,
> not RXVT.

As I said earlier, it worked fine for years -- until now.  And yes, I
know both tools have their own buffers, but there must be a way to use the
good old Shift+PgUp to scroll back, when screen runs under rxvt -- just as
there is using xterm.

> If you're using screen for its multi-terminal facilities rather than its
> detachable facilities, it might be worth checking out multi-gnome-terminal.
> Coupled with some sawfish bindings to jump to it / open a new terminal, it's
> very handy.

I'm using fvwm on my (rather weak and slow) machine and I'd hate to give
up on my slim rxvt.  :-)  But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Cheers,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
//\  "Alright, stay where you are then, and I'll give you an eye witness