X Terminal Sessions setup

Geoff Smith gsmith at geoffco.net
Thu Jun 20 14:57:27 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm attempting to set my laptop up as a X terminal to my desktop. In
fact, that much I've already done, but it's a bit dodgy. I have to
reboot my laptop to runlevel 3 (I'm running RH7.3), and then start X
with X -quiet -query geoffco. (geoffco is my desktop, gcalaptop is my
laptop).
What I'd like is a setup a bit like the linux student labs in DCS at
anu. Ctrl-Alt-F5 gives me the local workstation and Ctrl-Alt-F4 lets me
log into the solaris server. How do I configure my laptop so that I can
Ctrl-Alt to my desktop instead of a console?

Thanks,

Geoff
--

        Geoff Smith