New clug website?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Jun 20 09:54:56 EST 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:12:29AM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Bob Edwards wrote:
>
> > I have been playing with TWiki this last few days and have decided to adopt
> > it as a documentation mechanism for the sys. admins. at Dept. of Computer
> > Science at ANU. It just requires mod_perl installed and seems to run quite
> > happily. It allows _anyone_ (or a limited number, if someone wants to
> > administer user databases) to create and edit pages on the web site
> > using just a browser.
>
> Hmmmmm. Can you apply a template to the wiki pages so they are a little
> less ugly? I guess I am concerned about random people changing pages... Is
> there a change history of pages so you can revert to a known good version?
> Also, is there a concept of moderated pages, where a change as to be
> approved in email by someone?

TWiki is very cool. And it is already templated. If you look in the tempates
directory, you get the template for every page displayed. You can also
customise templates for each web. There is access control if you want to.

Moderation? no idea.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/