New clug website?; SEC: UNCLASSIFIED

Neill.Cox at dao.defence.gov.au Neill.Cox at dao.defence.gov.au
Thu Jun 20 09:14:09 EST 2002

Mikal,

Another alternative is ZWiki, a wiki clone built on top of Zope
(www.zope.org).

Pros:
  Highly templatable (ooh look a new word!)
  Possible to put all sorts of security controls in place
  Good support for "structured text" (plain text -> html markup).
  Zope database keeps modification history (not that I'd call it revision
control, more an extended undo).

Cons:
  Fairly massive learning curve.
  Some programming required  for maximum benefit.

If you are interested I'd be happy to help with configuration/programming.

We use ZWiki for some hockey clubs we host (eg www.westshockey.com.au),
allows the club officials to maintain their own content,, and allows us to
control look and feel through CSS and templates.

Cheers,
Neill

PS Please excuse brain dead Lotus Notes mailer.  No alternative today.

"Cox, Neil" <Neil.Cox at defence.gov.au> on 20/06/2002 07:12:29