New clug website?

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 20 06:55:19 EST 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:12, Michael Still wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Bob Edwards wrote:
> > I have been playing with TWiki this last few days and have decided to
> > adopt it as a documentation mechanism for the sys. admins. at Dept. of
> > Computer Science at ANU. It just requires mod_perl installed and seems to
> > run quite happily. It allows _anyone_ (or a limited number, if someone
> > wants to administer user databases) to create and edit pages on the web
> > site using just a browser.
>
> Hmmmmm. Can you apply a template to the wiki pages so they are a little
> less ugly? I guess I am concerned about random people changing pages... Is
> there a change history of pages so you can revert to a known good version?
There is apparently a "skinnable" system, but I haven't tried it.
Certainly the change history is the big advantage of TWiki over other
WikiClones - the back end file system is basically RCS.

> Also, is there a concept of moderated pages, where a change as to be
> approved in email by someone?
Not that I'm aware of. But you can mark some pages read only (except for an
assigned group), which might be enough.

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.