New clug website?

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 19 22:31:10 EST 2002

Michael Still wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Mark Purcell wrote:
>
> > One idea given the coordination of meeting topics which we seem to have
> > the week before the meeting would be some sort of topic registration
> > system where people could either automatically or manually register
> > discussion topics which are then allocated to up and coming months...
>
> This is certainly how SLUG works, and I have occassionally wondered if
> this is why they have a much better attendance rate (ignoring bigger city
> issues).
>
> I'll have a meditate upon it, unless someone else would like to submit
> some code... I don't think I want to go as far as installing slashcode or
> anything like that.
>
> Mikal

I have been playing with TWiki this last few days and have decided to adopt
it as a documentation mechanism for the sys. admins. at Dept. of Computer
Science at ANU. It just requires mod_perl installed and seems to run quite
happily. It allows _anyone_ (or a limited number, if someone wants to
administer user databases) to create and edit pages on the web site
using just a browser.

It can be a little clunky, but it would probably fit this purpose just
fine, if your server is up to generating the HTML on the fly all the time.

Check it out at http://www.twiki.org

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.