re. Connection is Lost

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Jun 19 17:36:18 EST 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:43:53PM +1000, Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote:
> 7.  I have fitted one of those Telstra phones ... but I dread to think that
> call-waiting has been enabled.  I absolutely hate it when people put me on
> hold to speak to their girlfriends!!  Can I rip it out of this phone ... and
> why does it cause zero difficulty under MacOS??  Is there another setting
> which I have to change to keep the connection up without continually typing
> new URL's??

I have no idea about the rest, but the call waiting is easy. Pick up the
phone and dial one of:

*#43#  to see if it is enabled
#43#   to disable it
*43#   to re-enable it

The old touchphones are nasty, be careful with them. If you are getting
timeouts, it would be advisable to turn on PPP debugging. If the server is
disconnecting you, it will spit out a message to that effect.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/