device driver info

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Jun 19 10:32:33 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 08:29:30AM +1000, Simon Burton wrote:
> Hello good CLUGers,
>
> How do i find what driver is connected
> to what device file?
> something in /proc?

IIRC, /proc/devices describes what major number go to what "device" and you
may be able to work the driver from them. For non-loaded drivers I have no
idea.

> How to find what parameters a driver
> accepts ("dma=1" "joystick=0x200" etc.) ?

The source for modules contains stuff like MODULE_PARAM() for that. Maybe a
grep? The stuff is included in the object file so you may be able to use
objdump to get the info.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/