Transact Gungahlin

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Thu Jun 13 13:28:59 EST 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Bob Edwards wrote:

> Thats the trench I am referring to - the one to your house. But where

Hmmm.... I'm a little surprised it hasn't popped up earlier (given the
nature of this list) but what about wireless?

Doesn't work for television (errr... you know what I mean :-), but the
other services could be offered with less trench-digging. When enough
people in a suburb are on your network, then you could think about digging
some trenches...

I'm very surprised the councils did not require that a conduit be laid to
each house as it was being built to carry data-cabling. I guess that would
normally mean "telephone", though....

> Bob Edwards.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\