Linux friendly Windows Desktop support in Canberra?

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Tue Jun 11 23:40:30 EST 2002

Just to add to the posts looking for commercial PC support, my workplace is
currently looking at its PC support options.

We have around 35 Windows workstations (mix of 95, 98 and NT) and two servers
- one NT server and one Linux server (Mitel SME).

We are mainly looking for Windows Desktop support, but would prefer to work
with someone who knows what Linux is and what it can do (as opposed to one
support person who said 'Oh, yes, I know all about Linux' - but when it came
to reformatting a test machine I had running Linux, spent several hours
getting Partition Magic to deal with it).

We have spoken to Andrew(??) from EON (http://www.eon.com.au/) and were
planning to talk to ITAssist (http://www.itassist.com.au/).  I guess I can
include Johanson Brothers Enterprises
(http://www.johanson.com.au/enterprises/index.html).

Any other suggestions?  (Self promotion is welcome. ;-)

We would have a preference for a small company / partnership rather than a
'one-person-band'.

Rasjid.