[Q] IPTables Log Analyzer

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Jun 9 07:14:01 EST 2002

On Sunday, June 9, 2002, at 12:01 , Rob Weir wrote:

> $ apt-cache search firewall log
> fwanalog - iptables log-file report generator (using analog)
> fwlogwatch - Firewall log analyzer
> logcheck - Mails anomalies in the system logfiles to the administrator

Another tool that can aid in checking the utilisation of your firewall
rules is "ipac".  You can set it up to monitor particular chains, and it
will count the traffic through those chains (at present, I just use it
to double-check Telstra's billing).  You could use ipac to do stuff like
checking how much traffic is being handled by particular rules, and tune
the rules appropriately.

Alex