Questions

James Ring sjr at southsky.com.au
Fri Jun 7 01:29:23 EST 2002

Michael Still wrote:

>On 6 Jun 2002, Peter Lavender wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 19:02, James Ring wrote:
>>

>>>On a related matter... those of us who are cursed with Telstra ADSL may
>>>or may not be aware that you can download stuff from games.telstra.com
>>>without affecting your quota. I know they provide some recent kernels,
>>>as well as ISOs from various popular distributions.
>>>

>>Pity it maxs out at 30 connections.. >:(
>>

>I get login incorrect with a std anonymous FTP. Is this it's way of saying
>it's maxed out, or do I have the magic incantation wrong?
>
>Mikal

If you can be bothered signing up for a GamesArena account, there's an
additional pool of 80 or so slots you can download from.

This may seem like a big wank, but it's worth it if your cap is within
the 1 GB bounds and you like to download and burn ISOs...

It certainly has paid off for me.

I don't believe GameArena allows anonymous FTP downloads. If you want to
do download resuming, use wget.

James