Questions

Jeremy Heromy jomohke at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:30:54 EST 2002

Hey, I'm in the Canberra area and I've had a recent interest in linux and
would love to try it out. I have been recommended Mandrake linux and have
read a lot about it (feel free to recommend anything for a newbie if you
feel its appropriate). My questions are as follows:

1) I could download mandrake from their site, although I do not have a
burner, so I can't put it on a CD. Is there a place in Canberra I can get
it? A burnt copy of the downloadable one prefered (as its cheap, and I'd
like to try this out before I put too much money into it - I'm poor), but I
may still consider the real version, depends on the pricing. Harvey Norman
only seemed to have Red Hat linux.

2) I know I should probably ask transact this, but I'm writing this anyway,
so I may as well ask you. I recently got transact and to connect to the
internet it uses Enternet 300, I looked for a linux version of it and found
that there was a command line version, but could not find a place to
download it. If any of you have this, know any info on it, or can tell me a
method of connecting to transact internet with linux, It would be great if
you could share your info with me.

Thanks heaps, in advance.

- Jeremy H.