Samba compile problem

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Wed Jul 31 15:01:14 EST 2002

Kim Holburn (kim.holburn at anu.edu.au) wrote:
> Any samba experts here?  I got the following errors.  Just a straight compile.

Hi Kim,

While not professing to be an expert in anything, I'd like to suggest
that perhaps you make sure that the version of ldap (openldap, right?)
you have installed is compatible with what samba is expecting.

It seems every minor revision or two, openldap enjoys breaking API (and
ABI) compatibility with previous versions.   I've come across similar
problems compiling PHP and various other things depending on ldap.

Cheers,

--
Matt
"So, logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch!"